April 27, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

If "April showers bring May flowers", I'm expecting next month to be full bloom. My big plans of sleeping in this morning were ruined with a big bang of thunder, a strike of lightening, and a phone call from Dad. The only thing that got me out of bed was my love for storms. Oh yeah, and something to do with the fear of a tornado coming right through my room...

Anyways, I spent a while out on the porch, then in the basement, and then out to check the fences for Dad. Sounds fun, right? Driving around in the rain and mud? 
WRONG

Or so I thought. It was actually an incredible sight. A beautiful mess - sad to see all the damage that had been done, but amazing to see just how powerful our God truly is. The best part of my morning was the miracle that every tree that had blown over had fallen away from the fence. No more work for me!

That's how I got to where I am. Sitting at home with nothing to do....but blog! So yes, I'm going to give this thing a shot. Again. For the millionth time? 

Keep praying for everyone that was affected by the storms this morning, and take cover for round two this afternoon!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment